When silica fume is used to smelt ferrosilicon and industrial silicon (metal silicon), a lot of strong volatile SiO2 and Si gases are produced in the submerged arc furnace. After the gas is discharged, it contact with air and is rapidly oxidized and condensed. It is a product of large industrial smelting. The whole process needs to be recovered by using dust removal and environmental protection equipment, because the quality is relatively light, and densified equipment is also needed for densified.
Undensified Silica Fume is mainly composed of SiO2 wollastonite, particle characteristics is ultrafine powder, the vast majority is less than 1 um, the average particle size is 0.1 um, has very high specific surface area (300-400 M2 / kg) and pozzolanic activity.
- -Parking garages
- -Bridge decks
- -Marine structures
In precast concrete (made in a manufacturing environment) it is more efficient, and results in cost and time savings.
- -High early and higher ultimate compressive strengths
- -Eliminates steam curing
- -Savings on heating costs and rapid turnover of forms
In shotcrete applications, there is less material waste and greater efficiency of product use.
- -High electrical resistivity and impermeability
- -Significantly less rebound loss
- -Mitigates reinforcing steel corrosion
- -Improved bonding strength
- -Thicker applications with each nozzle pass
96% Silica Fume Testing Report: