Silica fume, also known as microsilica, is an amorphous (non-crystalline) polymorph of silicon dioxide, silica. It is an ultrafine powder collected as a by-product during silicon and ferrosilicon alloy production.
According to the SiO2 content, our products can arrange form grade 85% to grade 96%. According to the bulk density, we can divide our products into densified silica fume and undensified silica fume.
Undensified Silica Fume (320-360kg/m³)
Densified Silica Fume (630-680 kg/m³)
Undensified Silica Fume BENEFITS
Prevents reinforcing steel corrosion in concrete, due to its extremely low permeability to chloride-ion intrusion and high electrical resistivity.
- -Greater impermeability, barring the ingress of moisture, chemicals and other contaminants
- -High early strengths, assuring increased efficiency and greater cost effectiveness in production of prestressed and precast concrete
- -High ultimate compressive strengths (8,000-20,000 psi), proportionate to amount of silica fume and the water-to-cementitious ratio
- -Substantially greater resistance to corrosion, abrasion and erosion, chemical attack and freeze/thaw damage
- -Parking garages
- -Bridge decks
- -Marine structures
In precast concrete (made in a manufacturing environment) it is more efficient, and results in cost and time savings.
- -High early and higher ultimate compressive strengths
- -Eliminates steam curing
- -Savings on heating costs and rapid turnover of forms
In shotcrete applications, there is less material waste and greater efficiency of product use.
- -High electrical resistivity and impermeability
- -Significantly less rebound loss
- -Mitigates reinforcing steel corrosion
- -Improved bonding strength
- -Thicker applications with each nozzle pass
Bulk silica fume can be stored in ordinary cement silos and transported in bulk bag or cement tankers. It can be moved into cement storage silos and then handled with normal automated batching systems.
Packaging & Delivery
10kg soluble paper bags x 84 on the pallets.
20kg soluble paper bags x 42 on the pallets.
950kg plastic woven bags x 2 on the pallets(with or without bottom output )
1000kg plastic woven bags x 2 on the pallets(with or without bottom output )
500kg plastic woven bags x 2 on the pallets (with or without bottom output )
We can also produce according to your requirement.